DeMaggio, Bryan E.
Born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, Bryan E. DeMaggio joined Sheppard, White & Kachergus, P.A. in 2008, after a prior clerkship with the firm. Mr. DeMaggio practices in the fields of criminal defense, appellate and civil rights litigation. Mr. DeMaggio is admitted to the Florida Bar and a member of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida.
After graduating in the top ten of his class at Paxon High School for Advanced Studies, Mr. DeMaggio attended Florida State University where he received his undergraduate degree in both History and Political Science, summa cum laude. In addition, his academic achievements resulted in his induction into the Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi honor societies.
He received his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While attending law school, he served as a Certified Legal Intern at the Office of the Public Defender for the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, where he represented indigents accused of various crimes. Additionally, Mr. DeMaggio worked as a legal assistant at Three Rivers Legal Services, a non-profit legal service center, where he assisted the homeless in addressing their legal issues. He also served in an externship with the Circuit Court Judge Peter K. Sieg, where he evaluated post-conviction claims. Mr. DeMaggio was a student pupil in the Chester Bedell Inn of Court. As a result of his hard work and commitment to his clients, Mr. DeMaggio was made a partner after five years of practice with the firm.
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crime
- Civil Rights
- Professional Licensure
- Post Conviction Relief
- Criminal Trial Practice
- Criminal Appeals
- Sealing and Expungement
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2008
- Florida State University
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: History and Political Science
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2010
- Office of the Public Defender for the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, Certified Legal Intern
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- Supreme Court Historical Society
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Jacksonville Bar Association